surprising, touching, magical
a performance experience where your stories come to life
Red Thread Playback Theatre invites you to experience the magic of deep listening & heart-driven performance.
At our shows, anyone (yes, anyone!) can share a moment from their day or a story from their life. We listen attentively, and then, with the goals of respecting and honoring the teller's story, we bring the story to life on the stage, instantly, as you sit back, watch, and witness the red threads of human existence that connect us all.
“Even though we are not together in the same room, I feel like Playback Theatre never fails to make me feel. I always get teary-eyed, and I always laugh. It's incredible to hear everybody else's story, to be able to feel those same feelings connecting with my own life. It just reminds me that we are all important, and we all have something to tell.”
– Julianna (audience member), "Stories of Coming Together" 11/21/20 Zoom performance
"I think it's wonderful. And even though the stories aren't my own, I still feel so much more connected and tuned in with myself while watching you all."
- Alvarro (audience member), "Silver Linings" 9/26/20 Zoom performance
“Lots of laughs. A great experience!”
– Audience member, "Halloween" 10/24/20 Zoom performance
"It's amazing how gracefully the actors pull out the deeper themes of each story."
- Heidi (audience member), 9/5/20 European Playback Theatre Gathering
"A lovely performance! Such a good energy within the troop."
- Sara (audience member), "Adventures of Summer" 8/22/20 Zoom performance
"The actors are magical in their synchronicity and sensitivity."
- Marc (audience member), "New Beginnings" 6/13/20 Zoom performance
"I loved how well Red Thread works together and plays off of each other."
- (Audience member), 9/21/19 performance at The Historic Ute Theatre in Sagauche, CO
“I enjoyed the spontaneity, vulnerability, and honesty.”
- Kristine (audience member), 5/11/19 performance at Theater O in Boulder, CO
"You capture the "essence" of each story and make the mundane sacred."
- Michelle (audience member), 6/15/19 performance at Theater O in Boulder, CO